Part of The Arise Series: Learn the industry standard for game design, C++ from basics.
Make your first video game. Interactive tutorial.
*This Course is part of the ARISE LIFT UP Series and eligible for bonus points.
What You Will Learn:
- C++, the games industry standard language.
- Strong and transferable problem solving skills.
- Game design principles.
- Programming patterns and best practices.
- Modern game development technologies and techniques.
- Git as a version control and backup system.
- Object Oriented Programming and how to put it into practice.
- Sound effects and audio to add depth to your games.
- Artificial Intelligence behaviour programming for enemies.
- A fundamental understanding of computers.
- Write code that is clean and to understand.
- Blackboard and Behaviour Tree for customizable AI.
- Animation Blueprint for custom character animation.
- C++ template programming to reduce repetition.
- Vector maths for game play and physics calculations.
Who this course is for:
- Competent and confident with using a computer.
- Artists who want to bring their assets alive in a game engine.
- Developers who want to re-skill across to coding.
- Complete beginners who are willing to work hard.
- Existing programmers who want to re-skill to game development.
Learn how to create and mod video games using Unreal Engine 4, even if you’re a complete beginner. Unreal is a free-to-use game development engine used by AAA studios and indie developers worldwide. It can be a complex beast to get into, but we break it down step-by-step.
We start super simple so you need no prior experience of Unreal or coding! With our online tutorials, you’ll be amazed what you can achieve. We believe project-based learning is the best way to learn Unreal Engine.
Benefit from our world-class support from both other students, and the instructors who are on the forums regularly. Go on to build several games including a First Person Shooter.
You will have access to a course forum where you can discuss topics on a course-wide basis, or down to the individual video. Our thriving discussion forum will help you learn and share ideas with other students.
You will learn C++, the powerful industry standard language from scratch. By the end of the course you’ll be very confident in the basics of coding and game development, and hungry to learn more.
“Any serious game programmer needs to know C++”Jason Gregory, Lead Programmer at Naughty Dog (creators of Uncharted & The Last of Us)
Anyone who wants to learn to create games: Unreal Engine is a fantastic platform which enables you to make AAA-quality games. Furthermore these games can be created for Windows, consoles, MacOS, iOS, Android and Web from a single source!
If you’re a complete beginner, we’ll teach you all the coding and game design principles you’ll need. If you’re an artist, we’ll teach you to bring your assets to life. If you’re a coder, we’ll teach you game design principles.
What this course DOESN’T cover…
Whereas this course is already huge, we can’t possibly cover everything in that time. Here are some things we will not be covering…
- Team collaboration topics
- Sophisticated Game Mechanics
- Editor plugins or modifications
- Physics engine modification
- Multiplayer features
Note: access to this course comes with enrollment in the ARISE360 community site where you can share games and 3D models, as well as connect with other students.
Start to learn C++ now, you won’t be disappointed!
All future content updates are included free!
|Introduction to C++ Unreal Games||00:00:00|
|Week 1: Make A Shooter|
|Setting Up Unreal||00:00:00|
|Setting Up Camera||00:00:00|
|Designing A Simple Player||00:00:00|
|5. Collision Boxes||00:00:00|
|6. Moving Your Ship Around||00:00:00|
|7. Intro to Visual Studio||00:00:00|
|8. Let’s Design a Bullet!||00:00:00|
|9. Making Bullets Move||00:00:00|
|10. Convert Bullets to a Blueprint||00:00:00|
|11. Spawning Bullets||00:00:00|
|12. Making Your Enemy||00:00:00|
|13. Player Enemy Collision||00:00:00|
|14. Enemy Bullet Collision||00:00:00|
|15. Creating Game Mode||00:00:00|
|16. Spawning Enemies||00:00:00|
|17. Spawning Even More Enemies||00:00:00|
|18. Restarting The Game||00:00:00|
|Creating A Game Widget||00:00:00|
|20. Creating A Widget Blueprint||00:00:00|
|21. Spawning The Widget||00:00:00|
|22. Spawning The Widget 2||00:00:00|
|23. Integrating The Interface||00:00:00|
|Week 2: Switching Platforms|
|1. Setting Up Unreal Engine||00:00:00|
|2. Design a Level||00:00:00|
|2. Creating a Game Mode||00:00:00|
|3. Switch Mechanics||00:00:00|
|4. Create An Orb||00:00:00|
|7. Coding The Game Widget||00:00:00|
|8. Let’s Spawn The Widget||00:00:00|
|9. Game Messages||00:00:00|
|10. Restart Your Game||00:00:00|
|Week 3: First Person Shooter|
|1. Setting Up Project||00:00:00|
No Reviews found for this course.